Tuesday, February 28, 2012

* JAZZ * featuring Sidney Bechet

Sidney Bechet • Dans les Rues d'Antibes

Loving Jazz, I started my second collection of paintings honoring the music that changed the world. And, in my world, those places are New Orleans and Antibes Juan-les-Pins, France. I was fortunate to be the 'Artist in Residence' during two summers in beautiful Antibes ... and, am hoping each day to return to Antibes with my new series.

In the opening of 'Midnight in Paris', the beautiful soprano saxophone piece 'Si tu vois ma Mére' (if you see my Mother) was composed and played by the great Sidney Bechet. He loved Jazz, New Orleans, Chicago, New York, Paris and Antibes ... Antibes - so much that he was 'King for a Day' and married in Antibes amidst great fanfare.

Sidney Bechet • detail

Dans les Rues d'Antibes • detail

So .... my wish is to return to beautiful Antibes ... to exhibit my new collection of * JAZZ * paintings ... and hope that my 'future French husband' will finally find me ... so I can live and paint and love in Antibes ... C'est paradis sur terre ...

Special acknowledgment and deepest appreciation to the great Woody Allen ... you reached into my heart when you wrote 'Midnight in Paris'. Congratulations on your Golden Globe and Academy Award. It would be with great anticipation and excitement to see you and the 'Woody Allen New Orleans Jazz Band' in the beautiful Café Carlyle ... one can only hope
N'est-ce pas ?


'THE PLEASURES OF LIFE"

My first showing of this Jazz series - and additional paintings - will be in my upcoming solo exhibition
on the ground floor in the fantastic 'One Gateway Center' skyscraper in Newark, NJ (scheduled for the month of April). If you're in New York City, just take the PATH train ... opening reception details to follow ...


Painting:

Soprano Saxophone
Sidney Bechet
Dans les Rues d'Antibes
1 meter x 80 cm
custom frame





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home