Brer Rabbit Molasses
Brer Rabbit Spiced Fruit Cobbler
- 4 cups apples and/or pears, unpeeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup BRER RABBIT Molasses, light or dark
- 1 egg
- 2 tbls. margarine, melted
- nonfat vanilla yogurt, optional
In 8x8x2 inch baking dish, arrange fruit; set aside.
In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir in milk, molasses, egg and margarine just until blended (Batter will be lumpy). Pour batter evenly over fruit. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm topped with yogurt if desired. Makes 9 servings.
If you visit my comprehensive website, click on 'site map' (under my name on the left panel) and you can see all of the Painting Each Day paintings at one time.
If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.
These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.
If you have found this entry through a search engine and would like to see the complete Painting Each Day blog, just click on PAINTING EACH DAY at the top of this page