Thursday, August 04, 2011

My Vernissage !!!

Oberbürgermeister Richard Arnold and me

I'm just going to jump ahead for a moment ... because i like this picture so much. This is Richard Arnold, the wonderful and incredible Mayor of Schwaebisch Gmuend. He's smart, funny, speaks at least three languages that I know of ... and is very easy on the eyes to boot ! I was very happy that he attended my exhibition opening at the Paulaner !!!



So ... right to the point. It was GREAT !!! My vernissage - exhibition opening - was everything that I hoped it would be. Soooo many wonderful friends, new acquaintances, an accordionist and even the Oberbürgermeister himself !! It was fun, Fun, FUN !! I even received beautiful roses ... The drinks were on me ... Paulaner Hefeweißbier, wine, sparkling water ... whatever you wanted ... and lovely little finger food - meat and cheese and tomatoes and spread on sliced baguettes. Perfect !!!

It was my little way of saying 'Vielen Dank' to my friends who have always been so good to me. I felt that everyone had a very nice time. Also, thank you Ollie and Nastasia - the owners of Paulaner - for welcoming my exhibition. For me, it was the 'happiest' exhibition that I ever had ... or ... for that matter, that I ever attended.



My little man, Valentin in his sweet Bavarian shirt and Lederhosen !!

Was ? ... für mich??? What ? ... for me ???

Singing 'Alois' ... the anthem for Schwaebisch Gmuend

Beautiful flowers for my friends ... and a Hefeweißbier for me !


Nathalie ... and Oberbürgermeister

Men of America - pay attention. This is the beautiful fräulein (before you get your lederhosen in a twist, yes I know I'm not supposed to say that word, but I LOVE that pretty word) who was our waitress for the evening. Nathalie. Every day she comes to work in a beautiful dirndl. She is so nice and sweet that it makes drinking your already enjoyable beer even more enjoyable !! Prosit !

By the way, if you happened to have missed my opening reception, no worries, the paintings will be there on exhibit through September 14th, 2011.

Gmuender Tagespost article

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home