Friday, August 26, 2011

Last Evening in Antibes ... Traveling to Germany

On the eve before my last evening in beautiful Antibes, Patricia, her brother Patrick and I took a walk down to the old village of Antibes ... just to sit and look at the harbour. Tranquility at its finest.

Patricia preparing dinner in her newly installed beautiful kitchen ! (almost complete)

Patrick helping with the mixing ...

Two Friends ...

Dinner on my last night ... my favorite: sautéed salmon with lemon and herbs

Steamed French green beans - haricot verts

And Voila !! An incredible dinner ... And incredible presentation ...

Bon Appétit !


Sooo ... waking up to this beautiful view ... including beautiful clouds

Patrick and Patricia were kind to drive me to the airport. Patricia suggested being photographed under the 'Arrival' sign ... as a good will gesture to return to Antibes soon.

Beautiful 'flight' sculpture in the Nice Airport ...

L'ENVOL Sculpteur: Kees Verkade ... 'l'envol' translates to 'soaring' ... breathtaking for sure !

I know it's weird, but I always take a photo of myself in the women's bathroom when I'm traveling. I usually have on this same beach coat ... and always carry my Olympus E620.

Nice Cote d'Azur Airport - women's bathroom, August 26th 2011

I think I do it because I'm not usually in my own photos ... and I need the justification that I actually was there ... although this could be any ol' bathroom ... n'est-ce pas?

Flying over the spectacular Cote d'Azur. Au Revoir beautiful Antibes ... I hope I see you soon ...

Hmmm ... what to have for brunch ... ?

Landing in Zurich, Switzerland

Arriving at Stuttgart ... taking the S Bahn (subway) and then catching the train ... to Schwaebisch Gmuend. Guten Tag !!


So, my friend Michaele was right. She encouraged me to go to Antibes for a couple weeks. After being a victim of a terrible robbery in the Cote d'Azur, I was a little hesitant to return ... at least with the same gusto that I had before. Michaele thought it would be a good idea ... to have another chance ... to restore my soul. Ok ... plane ticket purchased.

I had to wake up early, cart my 55 lb suitcase and 20 lbs carry-on to the train station (plus purse plus camera), catch the train, catch the subway, take two flights ... and then two buses ... and after many, many hours I arrived in beautiful Antibes ... just in time to lug my luggage all the way to my friend Patricia's office.

I enjoyed Antibes for two weeks ... and what enjoyment it was !!! I walked several miles each day, drank great wines, swam in the Mediterranean, hung with the artists of the Marché Provencal, ate delicious meals, 'worked' on my suntan, dined with friends, visited the 'Art et Vin' exhibition (the 'Enchantément' painting of mine is there - Chateau de Saint Martin, VAR, France) ... and ... well ... I could go on and on. It was paradise found. Again.

Thank you SO much Patricia. We had FUN !!! It was sooo nice to stay with you ... relaxed, late night talks, comfortable bed, beautiful vista views, great healthy dinners, long walks ... it was my pleasure to stay with you. I value our friendship so much. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and hope to see you soon ...

... and also you, beautiful Antibes ...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home