Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Auf Wiedersehen beautiful Schwaebisch Gmuend


Dinner with Barbara, Michael and Felix at the Roten Löwen

Last night, Monday, I was happy to share dinner with my friends Michael and Barbara .. and also to see their sons - Max and Felix - turn into young men. I met them 10 years ago in my studio in Bethlehem, PA. And since then, we have shared great moments and great laughs ... and even with the passing of the years, it's like we've just picked up where we left off ...

Thank you Michael and Barbara ... you are cherished friends ... and I look forward to seeing you soon ... xoxoxo


Michaele, Benedikt and Conrad

I wanted to spend my last evening with Michaele, Conrad and Benedikt. From the very first moment I arrived in Schwaebisch Gmuend - eight years ago - they have been my wonderful, kind and loving friends.

It still captures my never ending curiosity to walk through their beautiful shop and admire their creative ideas turned into beautiful objects d'art. Fantastic. They're the best. Nix Besser as my Dad would have said. I explained to another friend in Schwaebisch Gmuend, Conrad and Michaele are in some ways as Jean Tinguely and Niki de Saint Phalle ... they can create wonderful creations from found objects ... turning the something into the something great ... The highest quality is natural to them ... but, with that said, also they are humble and kind and generous and sweet and loving and funny .... and I am so very happy to not only call them 'friend' but to really be friends ...

Thank you Conrad and Michaele ... you are very dear to me as you know ... It was a great GREAT time in beautiful Schwaebisch Gmuend ... xoxoxoxo Love, Ann


Benedikt's socks ... made by his Grandmother ... Michaele's Mother ... ahhh comfort

Laughter and Happiness


These are the flags of the sister cities of Schwaebisch Gmuend. And I, for one, am SO very happy to be a sister of Schwaebisch Gmuend ... for ever ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home