Monday, July 18, 2011

USA vs Japan ... in Schwaebisch Gmuend

Ok ... by this time you all probably know that Japan won the Women's World Cup last evening. For me, certainly I was thrilled when the Americans scored ... but, and with that said, I'm ok with Japan winning. The Americans had SOOO many attempts to score and the ball was either too high or off to the side etc ... and, I think, along with millions of other people I'm sure, that this win was good for Japan ... maybe a little bit of healing for them.

So, congratulations to both teams ! It was a great game !!

Yesterday in Schwaebisch Gmuend, the women's soccer group organized a little festival to celebrate the FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association) Women's World Cup. It was really nice ... beer, wine, sekt (German champagne), soda ... and yummy weisswurst on a kaiser roll. OMG ... was THAT delish !!! I had one for lunch and then one for dinner. Why not take advantage of a great thing !! And ... it was raining which kept some people away and I wanted to support this nice little festival.

It doesn't get much bigger than that !

Rain in the afternoon ... BUT ... clear skies during the game !

Here are both teams coming onto the field, passing the trophy

About 30 minutes before game time, the clouds parted and we were blessed with blue skies !!! It didn't rain at ALL during the game. I sat front row with some new acquaintances ... this is Silvana and Thomas ... Thomas is German, but he loves America. Obviously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home