Saturday, July 09, 2011

Painting in the Market Place for the 80s Parade

This morning was the last parade for the AGV - the groups celebrating their birthdays - 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s and today the 80s. They were soooo cute !!! And they all looked great ! really great !!!

Oberbürgermeister Richard Arnold (on right) and Bürgermeister Dr. Bläse

But ... the two most handsome men at the parade MUST be our (yes, it's like I live here) Oberbürgermeister Richard Arnold and Bürgermeister Dr. Bläse. This team is incredible. A very sweet woman - 85 years old - her first name was Lisa, she went on and on and on about her love for OB Richard Arnold ... she says that one Saturday per month, he invites the people of Schwaebisch Gmuend to speak with him for two hours ... and on every Saturday that he is there, she comes to see him ... because 'he is a great man' she says. And, she's right. he is. AND, he is great for Schwaebisch Gmuend and Schwaebisch Gmuend is great for him. It's a 'win win' situation.

Cute story ... she said one Saturday after the parade of birthdays ... he had SOOO many lipstick kiss marks on his face, that he had to excuse himself before his two hour talk to try to wipe some of the lipstick from his face. Now THAT is a mayor that the people love !!!! me too !!!

Standing next to the OB is the very sweet - and also beautiful to look at - Dr. Joachim Bläse. Another incredible person in S.G. !! I met him eight years ago ... and then had the privilege of dining next to him after my exhibition in the Musikschule in 2005. So interesting and funny and smart - as a whip !!

Now ... the canons fire ... and here comes the band !!


The very wonderful 'Stadtkapelle band that I heard for the first time in Bethlehem, PA ... the sister city of Schwaebisch Gmuend ... when my lovely Julia was just 20 years old and Michael was only seven years older ... I remember seeing this band at Musikfest and thinking how great they were and how happy I was that they were here in America for us to hear !!



This is the very nice Frau Stalitza ! Her son, Reinhard is a friend of mine and stretched ALL of my canvases. If you pass by the Bilderbogen you can see my framed prints in his window. I met his very sweet wife today, his brother, sister, nieces, and his two very ncie sons.

Dr. Bläse, Reinhard Stalitza, Frau Stalitza celebrating the 80 parade !

I fought the crowds to photograph this man's profile ... how debonair !! He reminds me of a English gentleman ... maybe a little bit 'Michael Caine' ... but even more handsome !!

My friend Michaele ... so cute with her bicycle ...

paintings in front of the Johanniskirche

it MUST be a slow news day ... what this nice photographer did to get the 'perfect photo' of my paintings !!

My funny Valentin ... that's right ... already a wine connoisseur - that's a rosé wine he's reaching for ... Actually, my friend Julia is only holding it for me while I take the photo !!

Beautiful Schwaebisch Gmuend on a Saturday afternoon !!

So today I painted in by the Johanniskirche in the Market place. It was SOOO great to see the lovely birthday celebrators of the 80s parade !!! Michaele Laenge included a very nice article in the Gmuender Tagespost about my painting in the square ... and, although there is always a little insecurity exhibiting your art, today was filled with happiness and joy. Just like every day in beautiful Schwaebisch Gmuend !! I love it !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home