Tuesday, July 26, 2011

oh my Papa ...

This is my Dad and me (longer hair, smaller hips). We were toasting with our new beer mugs (my painting for the 20th Anniversary of Musikfest was on the mugs). That's my brother-in-law Boby in the back with the Panama Hat ... party at brother Jim and Diana's ...

Today is always a day of remembrance for me because it is the day my Father went to heaven to be with my Mother ... who left us just one year earlier. It's three years now. And so very often I think ... 'oh, I have to call Mom and Dad' ... so many little reminders of them.

Yesterday I was walking though 'City Center' (it's a large building with many stores) and I saw a pair of white canvas sneakers ... they looked like Keds ... and right away I thought of my Mom. She used to wear white Keds ... I can still see them hanging from the wash line in the back yard ...


And, yes, I know although they always live in our hears, it's still a crying day for me ... I just can't help it.


So, this morning I will go to my petite atelier and paint and think about how my Parents would love to attend an exhibition of Parade People at the Paulaner. For the vernissage I will wear the Oktoberfest shirt that my parents brought back from Munich in 1988 .. as well as wearing it today.

And yes, they will be with me in my heart as usual ... and I will toast to them with a
Hefe~weißbier !! (that should probably be plural).

I miss you Mom and Dad ... every day ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kids Worksheets said...

Hope you had great time with dad and mom before.

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Canon Ink said...

Great post.....good dad and funny post...

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home