Thursday, July 07, 2011

My Mom ...


Four years ago on this day, I had to say good-bye to my Mom.

I still am overcome with emotion - at the drop of a hat - and even now I have the swollen lump in my throat and weepy eyes ... I miss my Mom. I think of her every day. The other day while painting in my petite atelier in Schwaebisch Gmuend, Germany, I looked out of the doorway, and a women was walking down the street ... from the back, she looked exactly like my Mom. It took all I had not to run up to her ... but I watched her until I couldn't see her any longer.

My Dad then passed away just one year later - almost to the day - July 26th. I don't think that they could have lived happily without each other ... married just short of 60 years. Complete devotion. I always said that my Dad spoiled me for any man because who could compare ?? Maybe that's the exact reason why my 'future husband as soon as possible' never found me.

So Mom, I'm thinking of you today and every day ... and I miss you so much that I can't even begin to say.

Dad, please give Mom a kiss and hug from me ... xoxoxo with love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home