Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mom and Dad

John and Teresa Schlegel

The things that make me think of my Mom when I'm not already thinking of my Mom ...

White Keds and saddle shoes
Coca-Cola
When people say 'not so much'
daisies ... and hanging fuschias
A Whiskey Sour Cocktail
Skip-Bo card game
Anything Irish

The things that make me think of my Dad when I'm not already thinking of my Dad ...

Walking and whistling
Antique German Beer Steins
the word 'Gesundheit'
Accordion Music
Dachshunds
Skip-Bo card game
Anything German

Naturally, this is only the 'short list' ... and there's also kindness, humor, thoughtfulness, devotion, love ... there are sooo many moments and so many reminders of them ... all I can say is appreciate your loved ones while they are living ... life passes swiftly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home