Saturday, July 02, 2011

Gmuender Art - July 1, Schwaebisch Gmuend


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER JOHN !!!

Welcome to my new Atelier !! I am so very happy to have this wonderful space to paint in !!


Yesterday, Conrad helped me set up a painting area in their storage area. It's really great ! It has skylights, a sink and electricity ... so, I plugged in my iPod, turned on the Nicole Henry jazz, plugged in my laptop to access photos, set up my easel, created a table and palette and began my journey of painting once again in beautiful Schwaebisch Gmuend.


The thing about painting is painting well, feeling the direction that you want to go in, and stopping when the time is right. Well, my painting started out as sunflowers, then turned to the fish market featuring the lobster, then got better and better ... then got worse. So ... with me, that's what just happens. I could paint something that I am so proud of one day, and the next day create something ... well, to quote my sister Karen - 'it stinks, it STINKS' !!

This beautiful little man 'Valentin' came driving in to see me in my Atelier on his very cool motor cycle !!

Gmuender ART opened this weekend with a talk from Dr. Blaese in the Prediger. A very beautiful and important jewelry and jewelry design exhibition was featured. They served champagne, champagne with peach elixir, juice and mineral water with bubbles. Yum !

After, I went to see my friend Reinhard with his drumming performance. He was kind to stretch my canvases for me ... AND, we walked in the parade for 50 together. So very nice ... if you happen to be in Schwaebisch Gmuend, stop by the Bilderbogen to say 'Guten Tag' !!


Schwaebisch Gmuend artist Franz Huber (right) and Ulrike celebrating his 60th birthday !!

Why not celebrate with a Pils from the Black Forest !

That's the OB (Oberbürgermeister) Richard Arnold on the right with a very famous German rap artist - Toba Borke ...

So ... here is the oh so very cool OB Richard Arnold !! He got up onstage with the rap artist and then rapped with him. It was great !!! After, at a party around the corner, I asked OB 'how long did you practice together' ? He said 'we never did'. He's THAT good ! Can you imagine having a very cool mayor like this ? He's smart, funny, talented, social, speaks several languages and is just incredible ... and incredible for Schwaebisch Gmuend. What a great guy !

Then at 10:00 began 'Doors to Perception' - a series of dance from ballet to jazz to hip-hop. It took place on the alter of the beautiful Muenster Cathedral of Schwaebisch Gmuend. I couldn't image where we live having the Cathedral open to such fabulous performances ... it was outstanding ... AND ... I was lucky to be standing on the alter with the best view !

This is Rudolph - he is the producer and designer of 'Doors to Perception' in the Muenster Cathedral ... with Karen Foster - choreographer - and OB Richard Arnold.

After the Muenster Cathedral performance, I walked over to Franz's atelier and this wonderful two person band was playing Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Neil Young ... they were SOOO good. Also, complimentary Heubacher bier, wine, food ... what a great party !!!

Did I mention that I got home at 2:40 in the morning !!! OMG !! What a town.

If you EVER have the chance to visit the beautiful town of Schwaebisch Gmuend, I know you will love it. I have NEVER in all my life seen this amount of culture accessible to everyone. Everyone is included ... and that's what I love. Yes, I'm sure there must be some events that are private and reserved for that particular group ... but, for the most part, Schwaebisch Gmuend is a town that celebrates everyone and everyone is welcome. Isn't that the way it always should be ?!

Schwaebisch Gmuend ... a friend to Princes and Paupers .... and an artist from Bethlehem, PA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home