Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pomegranate

Pomegranate • this painting is sold

Today I met a beautiful woman. She had ordered two paintings from me - a Pomegranate and an apple. So ... pomegranates being out of season - I searched at Wegmans and the Farmers' Market - no luck so I thought it might be ok to reference the pomegranate that I had painted a while back. BUT, I did buy a couple apples to paint them from life.

I was invited to deliver these two paintings to her home ... and WHAT a home it is !!! Beautiful and stately ... but when you enter, you are welcomed by an atmosphere of clean lines, manicured tastes, beautiful period furniture AND incredible paintings on every wall !!! Now THAT'S the kind of home that I just love. No buying large prints of cobblestone meandering paths ... or cottages beyond candlelit bridges. This home was the real deal. Lovely ... as lovely as the owner. And, to my surprise, she had already purchased a painting of mine from 'Art in the Park' ... right before I left for France.

I walked away from her home feeling such a sense of heightened spirits ... a sophisticated and kind woman buying a few paintings from me ... her love of art, her beautiful home ... she restored hope in me in just the few moments that we spent together.

I am happy that she will visit my exhibition at The Farmhouse. And ... knowing that she too is a collector. Thank you Lois - I hope that I have the pleasure to visit with you again.

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.

These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

If you have found this entry through a search engine and would like to see the complete Painting Each Day blog, just click on PAINTING EACH DAY at the top of this page


1 Comments:

Anonymous Oil painting for beginners said...

This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content and images as well! Thanks for sharing this! Great works!...Daniel

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home