Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Clair de Lune • Dreaming of Antibes


Clair de Lune • Dreaming of Antibes

Well, this large painting is now complete. It measures 63 inches high by 9 feet wide (160 cm x 275 cm). It symbolizes my longing for everything beautiful in Antibes.

When I began this painting, I wanted to focus on painting this with the influence of one piece of music. There was no choice for me ... it had to be the lovely and inspirational 'Clair de Lune' by Claude Debussy. I must have listened to that piece of music a hundred times during the creation of this painting ... and with each repeat of this piece, it was like hearing it for the first time .... sooo beautiful. I hope that you can see this composition in my work.


First Friday is this Friday, February 4th, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm. And although Punxatawney Phil did not see his shadow - indicating Spring is around the corner - we, in the northeast, are in a state of frozen tundra.

... even more reason to dream of my beautiful Antibes in the French Riviera ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home