Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dejeuner with Paulette


This is my friend Paulette. She's pretty remarkable to say the least. She's smart and funny and has a very kind heart. I had the privilege of meeting her two years ago when I had my first 'artist in residency' in Antibes, France. We spent several evenings together enjoying the Jazz Festival - Jazz a Juan.

Today, my last 'full' day in Antibes, Paulette and I had a wonderful 'dejeuner' together ... Salade Nicoise and a glass of vin rouge ... We chatted about our lives - two single girls - and I told her how much I love Antibes - the town where she was born.

Paulette presented me with a wonderful book - 'Un an en PROVENCE' - Almanach 2011 - so I can improve my French day by day ... and she inscribed the inside cover. A real treasure for sure.

I had an appointment at 3:30 and had to leave her by 3:00 as to not be late (I was by 5 minutes). As I walked up the hill from Juan les Pins to Antibes, Paulette stood there and waved until I was out of sight ... now THAT'S a beautiful memory.

Thank you so much Paulette - I do hope very much to see you next year. I look forward to enjoying your company and spending fun moments with you again ! Thank you for everything -

xoxo Ann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home