Saturday, July 24, 2010

Marcus Miller

This photo is from July 14th - 'Jim's Band'

Well ... because I spent the whole day in Juan les Pins ... and I knew that my camera would be checked upon arrival at the Marcus Miller concert ... I decided NOT to bring my camera. BIG MISTAKE !!! I had the opportunity to shoot brilliant photos !! In the afternoons, the bands that will play during the evening have their 'sound-check' beginning around 4:00 p.m. I have painted in the Pinede - the pine grove behind the Jazz a Juan area, then packed up my paints and painting and walked over to hear the music ... and always took great photos of the magnificent musicians !

Today, I sat before Marcus Miller, Raul Midon and Lalah Hathaway AND incredible musicians on the trumpet and saxophone AND the Monte Carlo Orchestra !!!! yes folks, that's right ... the MONTE CARLO ORCHESTRA !!

Did I mention that tonight Prince Albert was in attendance ??? !!! How's that from a simple girl living in Allentown ... yes, the same town that Billy Joel made famous with his impression of life in a depressed city. Sipping Champagne at Jazz a Juan with Prince Albert of Monaco in attendance and the blighted S. Hall St. of Allentown ... what a dichotomy ~ ! Also, I must give a great tip of the hat to Manu Katche ... he was brilliant !! What a drummer ... but it was his beautiful face and beautiful smile that impressed me the most ... he is joyful !


How fabulous Antibes Juan les Pins is !!! What Paradise !! I feel completely at home here ... like I found the place where it feels right ... where I thrive.

Please dear God ... let my future French husband find me soon ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home