Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Beautiful Antibes

Voila ! I have arrived !!

Yes, once again my luggage was lost ... but that may have been a good thing because honestly it was too heavy to lug around by myself. Two bags, 50lbs each. Lots of art supplies, little clothes.

My friend Isabelle picked me up at the beautiful Nice airport ... and then we lunched at a charming little restaurant with white linens on the tables nestled under a large shade tree. Parfait !

We then drove to see her father, Wolf, who had friends over from Ireland ... so international. He's the president of the twinning association in Antibes and always hosts the most interesting guests.

Afterwards we went to the beautiful house and garden where I am living until the end of the month. Monique is very, very nice and generous and kind ... each morning she serves crunchy bread with homemade jam that she makes from the orange tree that grows in her garden. She fascinating and friendly and I am extremely lucky to be here.

We then drive to a gallery opening in a nearby village ... I'm telling you ... everybody comes out for art openings here ... wall to wall people in beautiful clothing discussing art in ways only the French can do. It seems that everyone has observations and insight and there are always lively discussions. Of course, I'm in Paradise for sure !

I've already finished one painting of the Villa Fontaine ... I painted at the Marche Provencal on Sunday evening ... it was great to see my artist friends again ! I do want to focus on plein aire painting this trip here ... as last year I only painted at the Villa and in the Market.

Last night I attended a wonderful performance at Eilenroc. The presentation was celebrating the 30 years of the Musique Conservetoire. It was wonderful to see friends that I haven't seen since last year ... and the great surprise was that dignitaries from Schwaebisch Gmuend were in attendance as well. Richard Arnold is the mayor of Schwaebisch Gmuend - he's bright and handsome and funny. The last time I saw him, he attended an intimate dinner party in Michaele and Conrad's pretty garden and I had the pleasure of his sitting right next to me.

See, this is the life that I want. This is the life that I long for ...

So ... maybe this year I will find my future French husband with villa and bidet ... one can always hope ... n'cest-ce pas mon ami ?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Pat. said...

Hehe. I really like this place!!! I've been living here for one year:)

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Ann said...

Hi Pat,

I would like to live here forever !

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home