Monday, September 21, 2009

My gift to the City of Antibes


Antibes

This painting was one of the three gifts that I donated to the City of Antibes this year. It represents the beautiful view of Antibes as you round the bend from Cap d'Antibes. This acrylic painting measures 36" x 36" (91.4 centimeters by 91.4 centimeters).

Certainly art is very subjective. A painting that one person may find unimpressive, another person may adore. Also, framing, placement and lighting plays an important part in presentation.

I do hope that the city of Antibes finds beauty with this painting. With all of the paintings I created in the Villa Fontaine, it certainly is one of my favorites. I painted this picture with passion and love for this very beautiful place.

Your critiques are welcome ...

2 Comments:

Blogger kamala said...

I feel drawn into the painting as if I'm walking along with you looking through the leaves and trees to Antibes. I love the
turquoise & blue and warm rusts and oranges in the painting. One of my other favorites is the orchid painting. Do you have a closer photo of the boat painting?
I'm one who adores all of your Antibes paintings. Thank you.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Peter Gander said...

What a lovely bright, bold and bravely composed painting! petergander.blogspot.com

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home