Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad

My Mom and Dad going to the 'Ball' celebrating Musikfest's 20th Anniversary - 2003
The beautiful home of my Mother and Father
Their home at night
The barn my Father built - including cupola and weather vane
Our gazebo
My childhood bedroom

This is the beautiful home where I grew up. It was built for my Parents in 1953. My Father passed away on July 26th last year ... and my Mother on July 7th the year before.

Certainly it has been two years of hospitals and ambulances and sadness and funerals. But there have been wonderful times as well. Three weeks in Antibes, France last year ... and then three months in Antibes this year. It's been two years of great sadness and great happiness ... and hoping for the future that only great happiness will fill my days.

Today my Father would have been 89 years old. His five children, granddaughter and great granddaughter celebrated our love for him by having a picnic in the backyard serving his favorite food: hot dogs

Happy Birthday Dad - We all miss you very much ...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandra Galda said...

Beatiful memorial post today. I love your art and have somewhat followed your blog over the past few years. I remember you going thru all this. I lost both my parents too soon also. Hope today is happy for you.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Very nice memories, Ann. I know how much you miss your Mom and Dad.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home