Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The beautiful town of Schwaebisch Gmuend

Beautiful d'Orado - the most exquisite jewelry in the world
This is the lovely apartment where I wake up each morning in Schwaebissch Gmuend. AND ... it's spic and span spotlessly clean !!!
My German breakfast downstairs in the workshop and office - incredible coffee au lait with 'Brezel' - a soft pretzel with butter - Delisch !!!
This gentleman has been watering the flowers early each morning for many years - I remember him and his beautiful steed from six years ago. What a great visual each day in Schwaebisch Gmuend.

Naturally a market place ...
with beautiful flowers to buy
Schwaebisch Gmuend sister cities ... that is the Antibes flag in the front ... with the Bethlehem flag on the right (in brown).
Time for lunch. I ate at the wonderful Italian Pizza shop located across from one of my favorite shops - the cheese shop. It was four years ago that I bought Limburger cheese there. They wrapped it in waxed paper, placed it in a small brown gift bag, tied raffia string around it and slipped a sprig of rosemary in the tied knot. Now ... I ask you ... WHY can we not do things with that flair in OUR country ?

Mmmm ... pizza with tuna and provencal olives

Our Lady statue in the center of the market place - complete with flowers and fountain
One of the many loved buildings in Schwaebisch Gmuend - the Kornhaus
This is the Rathaus - not to be confused with the Ratskeller - notice the time - 20 minutes before 9:00 p.m. and our new wonderful Oberburgermeister Richard Arnold is STILL hard at work !! That is his office with the lights on ...

SO ... this is a little trip through our lovely sister city of Schwaebisch Gmuend. Bethlehem, PA and Schwaebisch Gmuend have been sister cities since 1991. I love this town so much - the historic buildings, the churchbells, the culture, the beauty ... but especially the wonderful people and my very, very cherished friends. I am sooo lucky to know them - and each one of them has a very special place in my heart.

I hope to be in Schwaebisch Gmuend next year for their first Jazz Festival ... but I must focus on creating a body of work that will symbolize the celebration of Jazz, Schwaebisch Gmuend ... and I hope also ... the 50th Anniversary of the Jazz a Juan Festival in Antibes. What a tremendous year it will be !!!!

My two sister cities !

www.schwaebisch-gmuend.de

www.antibes-juanlespins.com


OLYMPUS AMERICA

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

That last one is the best one..thanks for the post..Take care..

--
Jack
Plug and play Security Systems no Contracts at the best affordable Prices

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home