Monday, July 27, 2009

The Poissonnerie

La Poissonnerie - acrylic 30" x 30"

Time is fleeting by and I have only one third left of my residency in the Villa Fontaine. I need to focus on painting and painting well ... and maybe painting over the paintings that I feel are lacking - which might be all of them (except for maybe one or two). A favorite subject of mine is the fish market - the Poissonnerie. I've painted dozens of paintings of fish. You can see them on my comprehensive website: www.annelizabethschlegel.com I'm attracted to the textures and the colors and the mix of the beautiful and the grotesque.

So it's 9:00 a.m. here and I'm getting ready for my long walk around Cap d'Antibes. I need to photograph the small harbour with the little wooden boats. I've already taken dozens of photos there, but with the theft of my camera, sadly, they are all lost. So now, I begin again. Plus, I need to shed some pounds after eating and drinking my way through the Riviera with Jim and Diana ...

OLYMPUS AMERICA

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Bridges said...

Ok. Get to painting, cause your brown as a berry now.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home