Friday, July 24, 2009

The Piano

The Piano - 36" x 36" acrylic

The Piano

Four summers ago I had a wonderful exhibition in beautiful Schwaebisch Gmuend. It was held in the Music School which was built in 1380 A.D. How's that for history ?!! It was my second exhibition in Germany and my third summer spent there with wonderful friends. This year was extra special because delegates from Antibes, France were also in attendance. So began my friendship with Antibes. The Mayor of Tourisme, Monsieur Rambaud invited me to exhibit my 'music' series in Galerie Bains Douches in Antibes during the Jazz Festival. So ... paintings already shipped, I arrived in Antibes, France last year ... and my exhibition was incroyable !!! Galerie Bains Douches is a cavernous stone gallery with bright halogen lights ... and there they were - my music series paintings. I cannot begin to tell you what that meant to me.

Happy for me, two days before last Christmas I received a contract to be the artist in residence in the historic Villa Fontaine in Antibes, France for three months -- THREE MONTHS !!!! So, here I am ... in Paradise .. and time is racing by ... almost two thirds over .. trying to soak in every moment.

This painting - the Piano - I painted for my friend Monsieur Rambaud. He owns the original oil painting - the Red Violin - which you folks from the Lehigh Valley might remember. It was featured during the Elizabeth Pitcairn concert at Symphony Hall. She is the proud owner of the Red Mendelsohn - on which the movie 'The Red Violin' was created.

This painting measures 36" x 36" and so far, is my favorite piece. I plan to leave all paintings in Antibes ... except for a few small pieces ...

So, Monsieur Rambaud, I hope that you are happy with your gift. Thank you for your generosity and kindness. It has enriched my life.


OLYMPUS AMERICA

1 Comments:

Blogger PaintingEachDay said...

Dear Barbara ... thank you so much for your nice comments. I appreciate it very much !!

with kindest regards,

Ann

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home