Monday, July 20, 2009

OLYMPUS e620 and photo software

Self-portrait with the incredible OLYMPUS e620
Photo taken from the Cafe de Jardin, Rue James Close, Antibes, France
morning coffee
The Boule player
The Fireworks on the National Festival eve ...

I just want to take a few moments to talk about the OLYMPUS e620 digital camera. I'll get right to the point. It's fantastic. This camera is a thinker. It will provide you with the most excellent photos. ALSO, it has six incredible art filters. When I was introduced to this camera ... I said: No, no, no ... I know Photoshop very well and I wouldn't be interested in shooting in art filters ... BUT ... I must confide in you ... I just LOVE the black and white filter - the Noir et Blanc - it's really great. Every time I photograph a person playing Boules ... or drinking a beer ... I show him the black and white ... and they are amazed. They don't expect how incredible the photo will be and they certainly don't expect to see black and white. And ... it's not JUST black and white ... but when you zoom in, it's actually speckled ... like an old issue of a LIFE magazine cover. And .. I don't know of anywhere else that you will EVER get that quality. So ... if you're thinking .. Hmmm ... I'm ready to purchase a digital SLR ... heed my advice ... at least go to your local camera store and ask to see the OLYMPUS e620. You won't regret it for sure ... and your camera will be the envy of all other cameras ... trust me on this !!

The OLYMPUS e620 also comes with incredible software. Now, I attended the University of the Arts in Philadelphia for four years ... and know Photoshop pretty well - as well as all of the Adobe software ... so when I received the DVD for my OLYMPUS photo downloads and adjustments, I thought ... no, I'll just utilize Photoshop. Well, no imaging software is as poweful as Photoshop ... BUT ... with that being said, the OLYMPUS photo software is fabulous !!!

You can resize, crop, insert text, adjust brightness and contrast, color balance, tone curve, gamma, auto tone correction, hue and saturation, monochrome and sepia, sharpness and blue, distortion correction ... and red eye reduction ... just for starters. You can email or upload to YouTube ... and if you're confused by all of this, there is a great HELP reference. I'm probably not doing this camera and software justice with this blog ... BUT, if you attend December's First Friday at the Banana Factory in Bethlehem, PA, USA, I will be presenting a showing of my photos taken with this wonderful machine. More info on that to come ...


OLYMPUS AMERICA

3 Comments:

Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

wow!!! what fabulous shots!! I've just caught reading some of your 'epic journey', what an amazing treasure of experiences! (are you writing a book about this??) Cheers from back in the US, Roxanne

4:11 PM  
Blogger PaintingEachDay said...

hey Roxanne -

Thanks so much for your comment ... I actually wrote a book about last year's travels in Antibes ... this year is writing my blog and painting ... but ... maybe another book is in order indeed !!

Thank you for reading --

Ann

9:20 AM  
Blogger Alfabob said...

Hi Ann,

Just came across your blog while googling about the E620. I bought one just 2 days ago, and yes, it is a fantastic little bit of kit isn't it? I love the pictures you took, there's so much detail in them yet evoke a sense of nostalgia. Not travelling to the Far East anytime soon? I'm sure there's a myriad of things, both great in color and B&W out here!

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home