Monday, July 06, 2009

Eilenroc - Mozart

Dejeuner in my cuisine - kitchen - beautiful window
The bouganvilla peeking in
Mozart Opera at the beautiful estate of Eilenroc
Taking their bows
Dinner under the palms
The tents at Eilenroc - Champagne is served ...

First thing's first: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANA !!!!

I awoke at 2:00 in the morning after maybe three hours sleep ... it seems that I don't need much sleep here - maybe because of the beautiful weather or the mineral water ... or the excitement of painting and writing ... but yes, up VERY early ...

I spent the day walking through the Marchè Provençal and shopping at 'Champion' - a market close to the town center. Although there are incredible 'boulangerie' shops in Antibes, I just LOVE the 'multi-cereal' crusty baguettes from this store. It's a great convenience store ... and I pick up everything there ... including cat food for the four cats that stop by the villa. They know I am a 'cat person' and they are welcome to partake in the food bowl on the terrance and drink fresh water each day. Sarko is my favorite though. When all was stolen, he sensed my sadness and didn't leave my side ... now that I am healing, he is giving me more space ... but every now and then he enters the villa and gives me his loving rub against my legs. He's my buddy - my companion in the villa and I just love this little guy.

Tonight, once again, I am an invited guest at Eilenroc to take in the wonderful opera and symphony presentation of MOZART's 'Cosi Fan Tutte'. It's truly heaven in this beautiful estate ... paradise for sure ... and then the music with the backdrop of the villa - stately - with columns and stairs and tall trees and cigale chirping away ... and the breeze and moon ... and sound of the Mediterranean ... pure heaven. I only wish my life in America were like this ... I don't know how I can go back -- to quote 'Something's Gotta Give' - 'the life I had before I could do that forever ... but ... what am I going to do with all of this ... it's heartbroken ... how's that for impervious?' ... Diana will get that for sure ...

So ... intermission ... I see my friend Audouin and he invites me for Champagne ... such a great life here ... I hope it passes by slowly ...

Tomorrow I begin the painting from my bedroom. The view through the large windows is spectacular ... orange clay rooftops, gardens, trees, Mediterranean and sailing vessels ... it still overwhelms me when I see it ... and I see it each and every morning ...

To live like this ... a dream ... in the most beautiful place on earth.

Oh ... at intermission this evening, several people told me that they saw an article about me in the Nice-Matin newspaper -- I didn't even know ... tomorrow's assignment: pick up copies of today's newspaper - and pray that I don't look like a goof in the photo ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul Coventry-Brown said...

Hi, I just found your blog and had a very pleasant half hour reading and looking at your photos. You certainly have passion and I feel that it shows in your paintings.
I'll be back ;-)

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home