Wednesday, June 10, 2009

We have Internet !!!

The beautiful Villa Fontaine - my home for three months

Villa Fontaine side view and garden

The view from my beautiful bedroom (top floor)

The Marche Provencal

Les Voiles d'Antibes - the classic sailing vessels


Ladies and Gentleman - please fasten your seatbelts - we now have internet !!

Well, it took nine days to happen, but it did finally happen. Except, of course, for the typical weird computer glitches that are normal in my life. For example, why is my Firefox now not working at all. Why, when I try to download a new version of Firefox, it prompts me to quit Firefox - and, of course, it was already in the recycle bin. So now I'm forced to use IE - at least for the time being. I really prefer Firefox -- so add it to the list of 'things to do'.

I'm living in the MOST beautiful villa that I have ever seen. Villa Fontaine. Nikos Kazantzakis lived here with his lover. After his, and then her death, her family revealed that her wishes were to offer this beautiful villa to the city of Antibes to be used for artists to live here and work here for three months. Voila !!! Here I am.

When I received my contract at Christmastime (how perfect is THAT present!!), they asked what three months would I like to choose. Well, was it selfish of me to choose June, July and August ?? Maybe ... but sometimes you just have to go for the gusto.

The weather is cool at night and beautiful and breezy in the day. I've already enjoyed the sandy beach in Antibes (sans bikini top), have eaten in several incredible cafes (pardon me that I left out the accent mark above the 'e'), have painted two large paintings (not quite complete) and have taken probably a thousand photos with my Olympus E620 - the MOST fantastic camera that I have ever had. I absolutey highly recommend it !!!

I now feel that I truly begin my journey. I know that these three months will be fleeting and although I try not to dispair at the thought of eventually leaving beautiful Antibes, it stays in the back of my mind. I try to take in every breath, all of the beauty, every sense and savour them. Why can't I just marry a beautiful Frenchman and live here forever?

The one thing that I did not accomplish was adding Photoshop to my laptop. Believe me I tried. It just didn't happen. So, when I post the photos of my paintings, they will be unedited. I apologize for that.

So, I hope that you visit my blog from time to time as I will try to keep you up to date on everything.

And, in closing, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM !! Wait until you and Diana visit me in the beautiful Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur - or in other words, the French Riviera.


If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.
These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

Thank You!

If you have found this entry through a search engine and would like to see the complete Painting Each Day blog, just click on PAINTING EACH DAY at the top of this page

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, i loved your painters....i put in my blog...

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home