Friday, June 19, 2009

Fish Bones

This is my very beautiful and wonderful friend, Julia. She lives in Schwaebisch Gmuend, Germany. We became friends from the moment I met her - summer of 2003.

Moi painting on the terrace

Michael photographing from my upper window

Julia's Masterpiece

Dinner on the terrace

Friends

Friends

Friday night's dinner at Taverne Safranier ... just down the lane from my Villa Fontaine

Fish heads and bones ...

Fish Heads
Voila! Painting number four ... 18" x 18" acrylic on stretched canvas


Meet Michael and Julia. I met them 'in former times' with my first exhibition in Schwaebisch Gmuend, Germany. They are two of the MOST incredible people that I have ever met. Kind-hearted, sincere, fun, talented -- and what great talents they have !!! Julia plays flute and cello. She's traveled with the City Band of Schwaebisch Gmuend to Bethlehem, PA to play flute at Musikfest. She was only 20. Michael played the tuba. She's a model for one of the best and well known artists who lives in Schwaebisch Gmund, she was the 'trophy' award girl for Porsche in London, she speaks three languages, she paints ... and besides all of that, she's beautiful. Inside and Out.

Michael is the perfect fit for her. He's a musician, a singer, an actor ... he's smart and well respected ... and he's hilarious.

Oh ... did I mention that they are getting married !!!! Surprise !!! And, they're going to have a baby in November. Guess who's flying up for the happy wedding occasion ... Moi, that's right. So .. I will stay with them for a couple of days ... and while they're honeymooning, I have the great pleasure of staying with my wonderful friends Michaele, Conrad and Benedikt. They have a beautiful house that includes an apartment for visiting friends ... I've stayed there three summers and it's a true joy indeed !!!

Michaele is planning a great dinner party (like the one four years ago) including all of our mutual friends. She's a fabulous cook, incredible decorator and very, very dear to me.

Ahhh .... the great life in Europe ....

2 Comments:

Blogger MeredithJean said...

Such colour! Love your fish bones painting and the way it represents the way we can consume just about all of each other when we are closely connected - just because it feels good. I wonder if it is for sale?

7:57 AM  
Blogger Mark Adams said...

Terrific painting, Ann! It leaped off the dailypainters gallery (as much as dead fish can leap)and brought me here. Very nice!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home