Thursday, June 11, 2009

Antibes Tour

Gorgeous yachting harbour, Antibes, France

Bay of Billionaires

Petite boat - 'Annie'

My outstanding Villa Fontaine !!

My pretty living room and dining room

My incredible French boudoir

My gorgeous view complete with kitty - 'Coco'

petite bathroom - bidet included

My incredible porch with potager (kitchen garden)

Ok. I admit. I am THE luckiest girl - at least for the next three months. So, for June, July and August I am the resident artist in paradise. Antibes, France that is. I'm living in the beautiful Villa Fontaine and if you have been reading my blog, you are aware that Nikos Kazantzakis (Zorba the Greek, Last Temptation of Christ) lived here also. How's that for great company !!


Here's my life. Wake up. Shower in the petite bathroom (ducking is a must). Stroll the cobblestone narrow streets to a cafe for coffee. Write in my daily journal. Photograph everything with my tres incroyable OLYMPUS camera. Visit beach. Work (work??) on tan. Put bikini top back on. Exit beach.

Baguette, frommage, tomatoes, basil, olive oil, mustard with tarragon (incredible). Glass of wine. Think about painting. Sweep and do dishes in beautiful villa. Listen to the soundtrack of 'Something's Gotta Give'. Pretend I'm French.

Antibes has the largest pleasure yachting harbor, if not in the world, than at least in Europe. Its gleaming white vessels: Massive power yachts, little boats, sailing ships. It's amazing how blue, blue, blue is the water with so many ships? You can see from the ramparts down to the rocky coast right down through the blue water to the bottom of the sea. Whatever they're doing, they're doing it right.

Project: find rich sexy Frenchman and marry him. Live in Antibes forever.

So, I will try to keep you up to date each day. Now, I'm off to paint the grotesque and beautiful fish from the charming Poissonnerie.

A Bientot until tomorrow -

xoxo
Ann

p.s. Ladies: the bidet is incredible ... why we don't have them (usually) in the US of A I do not know !! Update project: find rich sexy Frenchman with villa and bidet and marry him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Randi said...

Hi Ann,
It looks fantastic and I am very envious. Having been to Italy last year (which seems a million miles away) I remember how wonderful I felt being there. Enjoy. Have a wonderful time and see you when you return.

7:26 PM  
Blogger PaintingEachDay said...

Hmmm ... hey Randi, who said I was returning ???? Would live here if possible - it's heaven !!

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home