Monday, May 25, 2009

Yocco's Hot Dog


Yocco's Hot Dog - and calling 911 • this painting is sold

If you live in a building where you have a stove on fire, common sense tells us that you dial 911 - immediately, that is. After finally getting to sleep around 2:30 this morning (nothing too crazy, just movie watching and downloading music), I awoke around 4:00 a.m. to the smell of something baking. I'm an alarmist and already had a terrible fire in my apartment 11 years ago (faulty circuits in my View Sonic monitor) so I'm not going to take any chances when I see smoke - and there was a lot of it - or if I smell the aroma of baking bread long before the break of dawn. I thought, hmmm could my refrigerator possibly be on fire ... ? ... so I unplugged it and called the fire department.


They instructed me to exit the building and when I opened my apartment door, the hallway was filled with smoke. So, I descended the stairs and banged on all of the apartment doors to awaken the tenants. The new guy on the first floor opens the door wearing just a towel - great - what I need at 4:00 in the morning ... and then he says 'oh, it's all right, my stove was just on fire'. That kills me ... if there is a fire in the building YOU CALL THE freakin' FIRE DEPARTMENT !!!!

Oh ... and his batteries didn't work in his smoke alarms. Change the batteries for cripes' sake !!

When you live in an old school building, you are not only responsible for yourself, but for the safety and welfare of each person who lives there.

Now, if I hadn't called 911 and the fire would have gotten worse, and let's say I had died of smoke inhalation ONE WEEK BEFORE I LEAVE FOR FRANCE, I would've been totally hot under the collar - literally AND figuratively !!

Merde !!!

OLYMPUS AMERICA

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.

These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

If you have found this entry through a search engine and would like to see the complete Painting Each Day blog, just click on PAINTING EACH DAY at the top of this page

3 Comments:

Blogger http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

No wonder it sold. It is just right; not burned at all.

A very good painting. You don't eat that junk food do you?

9:05 PM  
Blogger http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Anne, did you go on a painting diet?

12:13 AM  
Blogger PaintingEachDay said...

No, not a painting diet -- but have arrived in the French Riviera to work and play very hard !!!

C'est si bon !

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home