Sunday, May 03, 2009

Lehigh Valley 1/2 Marathon

My brother James, after completing a 1/2 marathon - 13.1 miles !

James with his medal

Kevin and James

Well, I didn't make it into my studio today and for good reason. I watched my brother Jim finish a 1/2 marathon in 1 hour, 55 minutes and 43 seconds. That's pretty remarkable. That's our friend Kevin who also finished ... 3 seconds earlier.

You're probably thinking ... oh my ... what beautiful photos !! Well, I am absolutely going crazy with joy over my new Olympus E620. It was a dull drizzly sky and look at these beautiful colors ! Also, I just love the grainy black and white filter which creates photographs that look like they could be on the cover of an old 'Life' magazine. The E620 is also very lightweight which I appreciated while standing in 'ready to shoot' position at the finish line for 40 minutes. I must admit that I felt more than a little pride holding such a beautiful device.

Oh ... and, of course, so VERY proud of Jim and Kevin !

Way to go ! Congratulations !!


OLYMPUS AMERICA

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.

These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

If you have found this entry through a search engine and would like to see the complete Painting Each Day blog, just click on PAINTING EACH DAY at the top of this page

1 Comments:

Blogger http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

They are great photos. I bet you had a little to do with that. It is never just the camera.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home