Friday, May 15, 2009

iPod Classic and iTunes 8.1.1

Often I wonder if ANY body else has as much trouble with their Mac G5, PC, iPod Classic etc. as I do. Please notice the time of this entry ... 3:18 a.m. Well, getting ready for France, I decided to download a bunch of cds to my wonderful iPod Classic. I have 80g memory on it and only had my learning French cds and just a couple others. So, I armed myself with a bunch of cds, updated my iTunes to the suggested 8.1.1 version and proceeded to fill up my iPod with great stuff. ... or so I thought.

For some reason, iTunes was misdirecting the download and no music whatsoever was registering on my iPod - although I downloaded it at least 10 times. Not only that, but all of the French lessons and music that I did have on my iPod disappeared altogether! Panic and frustration ensues. My shoulders are, once again, killing me. So ... troubleshooting on the internet, I saw that some iTunes users ditched the flawed (?) iTunes and reverted back to the 7.7.1 version. Ok, I'm in. I ditched 8.1.1 and downloaded 7.7.1. After many pop-up warnings stating this and that and it can't be done, blah, blah, blah ... I decided to trash the 7.7.1 and re-download iTunes 8.1.1. More pop-up windows ... BUT, I was persistant.


Finally redownloaded, I started receiving messages stating that my iPod was connected with only a USB 1 port - not possible I say since I have USB 2. I had to relaunch my Finder many times ... and then iTunes wasn't recognizing my iPod at all. #*$&^@!!!!!


Well, after another hour ... I tried to download all of my tunes again ... feeling hopeless, thinking what is THIS bill going to be at the Apple store ... and, at the end of my rope, my iPod registered ALL of my songs ... in the correct places!! Now WHY couldn't this have happened at 8:00 when I was going to get an early night's rest to resume my morning walks ??










On a different note, I've haven't been posting my Painting Each Day paintings recently because I have been throwing out and donating stuff from my apartment. And lots of it. You're probably thinking ... hmmm ... her place still looks really crowded with stuff ... but, it's a work in progress and I plan to do more purging in the fall.

Current time: 4:09 a.m. Bon nuit.

zzzzzzzz

OLYMPUS AMERICA

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.

These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

If you have found this entry through a search engine and would like to see the complete Painting Each Day blog, just click on PAINTING EACH DAY at the top of this page

1 Comments:

Blogger http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

I hate Itunes. For the size of the company and the software resourses they produced a total piece of shit software. Not a click on that junk is intuitive. My daughter whines at me for complaining. Yes you can learn to use it but you should not have to learn it should be obvious to the most casual user.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home