Monday, May 11, 2009

Bethlehem Fine Art and Crafts Show

Bethlehem Fine Art and Crafts Show

Saturday and Sunday I participated in the Bethlehem Fine Art and Crafts Show. And, although it didn't rain either day, the winds were absolutely unforgiving. At least on Saturday. Several exhibitors' tents were destroyed by wind
gusts reaching 40 miles an hour. It breaks my heart to see that happen. Artists have to struggle enough without Mother Nature adding to the challenge.

When I arrived to Main St. on Sunday, I decided to move my booth up the street where the winds were calmer. Well, is a folding table with a Provencal tablecloth really a booth? It ended up being a beautiful breezy day with clouds and sun, and many, many visitors and Mothers enjoying 'their' day.

Sadly, it wasn't a day that was financially advantageous , but I was very happy to be there none-the-less. I saw a great many friends and acquaintances and curious onlookers. One thing, my Painting Each Day paintings are prudently (in my humble opinion) priced at $100 each. It amazes me how many people asked if they were a 'dollar'. Can you believe it? You can't even buy the canvases for that amount. Then .... this woman came along and was really enjoying the 'Mr. Potato Head' painting - she said how much 'fun' it was ... and then asked the price. Proudly I promulgated 'each of my Painting Each Day paintings are $100' (a real bargain). Well, without hesitation, she blurted out 'You just took the fun out of Mr. Potato Head !' Ouch. I guess she was hoping it was a dollar as well.

And ... I'm very pleased to announce that I have been asked to be the 'Artist in Residence' for next year's exhibition.

Here's my 'no fuss, no muss' fold-out table, Provencal tablecloths, easel and my (not a dollar) Painting Each Day paintings.

A lovely wedding party posing for photos

Bethlehem's 'Mayor John Callahan' and kids posing by my 'booth'.

John, remember you asked me to paint your official Mayoral portrait ? I still have the napkin you signed in agreement. Hoping you'll do good on your promise - I'll make sure you're very pleased with your painting !!


OLYMPUS AMERICA

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.

These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

If you have found this entry through a search engine and would like to see the complete Painting Each Day blog, just click on PAINTING EACH DAY at the top of this page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home