Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wisteria


Wisteria

Springtime. Today it's a bit chilly and windy ... BUT tomorrow the meteorologists predict a high of 75 degrees and then possibly up toward 90 over the weekend. 75 suits me fine. Toward 90 seems a bit warm for April. Ideally, give me 73 degrees with a cool light breeze and a chilly overnight temperature for burrowing under the blankets.

When I painted this wisteria I thought 'hmmm' ... it's not really in keeping with my fruits and veggies and boardgames and nostalgia .. but, I really like this painting. It reminds me of great Aunt Regina who was secretary to the Ambassador to Japan. She lived, along with her sister and my great Aunt Anna, with my great Uncle Franny - a Reverend in the Catholic Church. The Rectory in Pottsville, PA, had an old world charm with dark heavy furniture, old German antiques and bits of Japanese touches. There were needle-pointed pillows and foot stools and the air in the old Rectory smelled rich and musty ... harboring over a century of memories since it's inception in 1841.

OLYMPUS AMERICA

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.

These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

If you have found this entry through a search engine and would like to see the complete Painting Each Day blog, just click on PAINTING EACH DAY at the top of this page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home