Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cote d'Azur • the Antibes paintings


Cote d'Azur • the Antibes paintings
36" x 36" acrylic on stretched canvas


This painting is one in my current series entitled 'The Antibes Paintings'. I don't know if the Bethlehemites and the Banana Factory visitors will be ready for this series ... they're used to my tightly painted, classically rendered oil paintings ... but, it's what I'm feeling since I've returned from the south of France. It feels good to lighten up my palette and paint freely with bright colors and uneven lines.

It's amazing what an influence Europe is on my life ... in Germany I discovered the expressionists and my eyes were opened to modern art. In France I fell in love with Monet and Matisse and Chagall ... and they're with me every day since my return.

Now wouldn't an 'Antibes' painting go nicely in your living room or enclosed garden terrace?

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.

These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

If you have found this entry through a search engine and would like to see the complete Painting Each Day blog, just click on PAINTING EACH DAY at the top of this page

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan Finch said...

I love your work and had picked it out to look at on the daily painters website before. I appreciate that you have been able to "loosen up" something I want to do but have trouble doing. I just started a blog at artistsusanfinch.blogspot.com because I hope to be a part of the daily painters group someday.

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you have found your niche. Oprah would call it that Ahah Moment!

I've been following your art for at least a year now and this piece and other recent work of yours is superb. The composition is flawless, and so is your use of color. Keep pinching yourself so that you start believing that this is really happening to you!

You were a very good artist before you went to Europe, but something magical happened that's transformed your work into something very special. Hold onto that mojo!

P.S. I think your Daily Painters listing had a typo of just $100 for this 36x36. That has to be a mistake!

2:29 PM  
Blogger PaintingEachDay said...

Thank you so much for your kind words ... yes, the Antibes paintings have been freeing and fun ... I only hope that they can find good homes as well !!

Keep up the good work and paint, paint, Paint!!!

Best,
Ann

4:18 PM  
Blogger http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Lovely bright pieces.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home