Monday, August 04, 2008

My Father

My Father

My Dad, John R. Schlegel, was the greatest man that I ever knew. He was kind and thoughtful, clever and inventive, happy and humorous, sensitive and loving.

My Dad, after 87 years of living the life-well-lived, died on Saturday morning, July 26th at home, surrounded by his family. He greatly missed my Mother who passed away one year earlier - after 60 years together - and was ready to be with her in Heaven.

My Father and me - with our Musikfest beer mugs - I was the artist for the 20th Anniversary - and we were toasting ... What a wonderful man my Father is ...

"He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it."
Clarence Budington Kelland

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Ann Elizabeth,

My thoughts go out to you and your family at this time of loss. I do love the Kelland quote as it speaks volumes. May we be blessed by the years we spent together and the memories that will carry us forward. Isn't this what life is about? With said go on and live your father's actions and legacy in his memory and honor.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home