Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Antibes - the first painting ...


Antibes - the first painting ...
30" x 40" acrylic on stretched canvas

Now, I have several things to tell you. First, concerning this painting, it's not finished - it's basically only started ... AND I photographed it with my cell phone -- so it's a bit more 'watercolory' here than it really is. Also, the size is 30" high by 40" wide -- a bit larger than my 6" x 6" Painting Each Day paintings ....

But, it's the first painting that I have done since before I left for the South of France -- and I needed to paint something large. This painting, of course, is strictly from my imagination -- besides the fact that it's only started. I'll repost it when it's finished.

About the South of France: My exhibition was in Antibes for the month of July. It was a fantastic gallery - 'Galerie Bains Douches'. It was in the old Roman bathhouse and the room was a massive stone semi-circle with halogen lights. I will post some photos of the gallery when I have my slides made into photos. Yes, I know, it's antiquated, but I still take slides when I travel to Europe. To me, there's nothing like a slide show. Also, I don't have to worry about those pesky camera batteries when I can just lug around my old Minolta srt 200. The sad thing is that I had some leaks in the camera seal and light got in and ruined about 20% of the pictures ... so I invested in an even better old Minolta srt 201. Completely manual of course.

It was one of the greatest times in my life -- and the saddest. For I lost my Father 2 1/2 days after I returned. The wonderful thing is that we had those couple days together ...


So, little by little I'm trying to be me again. Without my Dad, without my Mom ... so, it's back to work - for my profession - and for my sanity.

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.

These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

If you have found this entry through a search engine and would like to see the complete Painting Each Day blog, just click on PAINTING EACH DAY at the top of this page

3 Comments:

Blogger Sheila Vaughan said...

Ann, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. It is never easy to bear but to happen so close to what was a happy and eventful time for you must be difficult to come to terms with. Your exhibition sounded wonderful and in a beautiful part of Europe. And I really love the Antibes painting. It shows a new direction and wonderful promise.

5:33 PM  
Blogger PAT MEYER -- said...

My heart goes out to you with the loss of your sweet Dad. The picture of him just makes you smile. May you find comfort in your art.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Helen Read said...

Ann, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad - even though it has been a few weeks past now. I hope you are finding comfort in friends and your work.

also wanted to say - this is such a great painting! Very french!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home