Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Boston Red Sox Baseball XIV


Boston Red Sox Baseball XIV • this painting is sold

Ok ... ok ... I do have a bit of allegiance here ... this is my 14th Red Sox Baseball painting and only ONCE in my baseball painting endeavor did any other team fan email me ... for a Yankee's baseball ... but then never followed up on it.

So .... I'm willing to take the pledge. For the 100th year of the Boston Red Sox name ... I'm going to do my darndest to paint 100 Boston Red Sox Baseballs !!!! If you're interested in taking home an original oil painting of a Boston Red Sox Baseball, just email me.

The Boston Red Sox is one of the oldest teams in Baseball. They were officially known as the Boston’s, or known as Americans, Somerset’s and the Pilgrims. However on the 18th of December in the year 1907 the team was renamed as the Boston Red Sox. The team was renamed when the then owner John Taylor noticed that the team themselves had stopped wearing the traditional red stockings. After noticing this he declared that the team (American League Boston) would be renamed as the Red Sox and furthermore, red stockings would be a part of the team’s uniform.

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.

These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

If you have found this entry through a search engine and would like to see the complete Painting Each Day blog, just click on PAINTING EACH DAY at the top of this page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home