Saturday, February 02, 2008

Apples and Apple Pie


Apples and Apple Pie

I wish that I were a better baker. I should actually say an 'ardent' baker. I love the whole process ... the application of the apron, the preparation of the surface, the careful mixing of the ingredients, the clean old fashioned towels, the creating of the masterpiece ... but MOST of all ... the aroma of warmth that embraces the whole household. Baking is an art all of its own.

Now, if my art were compared to a cooking style, I would bet that it would be aligned with a sautéing style. A flash in the pan. Throwing vegetables, fish, meat, chicken - tons of spices and peppers and .... whooooosh ... there ya go. But 'baking' ... no 'whooooosh' in baking. There is precision and measurement and focus and dedication ... and an incredible result.

For the Best result ... immerse yourself in Better Baking:

www.BetterBaking.com

Be sure to visit -- it's a fantastic website - warm and loving and cozy ... with wonderful recipes - even for us 'sautéing' kind of gals ... but, how great would it be to bake a pie or bread or scones ... for your loved one on Valentine's Day. How great would it be to fill your home with the aroma of old fashioned baking. Maybe as a remembrance to your Mom ... and I miss my Mom so much ....

My birthday happens to be on Valentine's Day ... and it's the first birthday that I won't have my Mother by my side ... so, maybe, just maybe, I'll have to bake something wonderful ... maybe a Valentine shaped birthday cake ... just like my Mom used to do for me.

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.

These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

If you have found this entry through a search engine and would like to see the complete Painting Each Day blog, just click on PAINTING EACH DAY at the top of this page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home