Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Comics and Happy New Year!


Comics and Happy New Year! • this painting is sold

Well, last year we lost our Mother to pancreatic cancer. She fell on January 17th. We drove her to the hospital and she never came back home. She passed away on July 7th at 5:05 p.m. I wouldn't trade those seven months for anything. Each day bringing my Dad in to see Mom, helping her with her meals and clothes and personal care and looking into her eyes when it was time for her to let go. I really miss her. We all do.

It's hard, yet comforting being at my Mom's house. I cook in her kitchen, vacuum her rugs, make her bed and prepare my Dad's breakfast each morning ... her handwritten notes are here and there and her slippers are still in place by the vanity. And I can hear her voice in my thoughts. I can still hear her calling after my Dad or knocking on the kitchen window to chase away the squirrels. And I can still see her smile.

It all goes by so fast. And I really miss her. We all do.


If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.

These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

If you have found this entry through a search engine and would like to see the complete Painting Each Day blog, just click on PAINTING EACH DAY at the top of this page

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know your mom is with you still, looking right over your shoulder as you paint.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home