Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Boston Red Sox Baseball XII


Boston Red Sox Baseball XII • this painting is sold

ok, ok. Number 12. Maybe time to take a break from the baseballs .... or .... is it?

Here's my Boston story:

Many years ago, when I was a claim examiner, my sister and I took a three day trip to Boston through an opportunity with a company that I worked for. Our small room was in a gorgeous hotel located in the Boston theatre district. We strolled the streets, window shopped in the plentiful - yet pricey, antique shops, admired the swan boats and ate at the Bull and Finch ... in the prime seat at the foot of the stairs. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

One thing that I was absolutely awed by ... was the plethora of absolutely beautiful men in Boston. So ... naturally ... the ONLY thing for me to do was prove it with the task of photographing them. So ... with my SLR in tow, I began to ask these suited men to indulge in my quest by allowing me to take their picture. Click by click by click ... suits and ties and jeans and accents .. some of which I wasn't quite sure were authentic ... but I finished my roll of film in no time .. including one photo of a chap from England - also one of the beautiful men ....

Well, time for the Whale Watching cruise ... and my finished roll of film is safely in my jeans jacket pocket ... On the boat, my friend 'Screamer' asked 'what's in the pocket' .. when I pointed to the roll with the most beautiful men of Boston, the roll popped out of my pocket, rolled off the boat and sank to the bottom of Boston Harbour ... leaving only a set of widening rings on the water as the boat drove away ... my gorgeous men of Boston .... Fish food ..... whaaa !!!!

BUT, It leaves me with a reason to return ....

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.

These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

If you have found this entry through a search engine and would like to see the complete Painting Each Day blog, just click on PAINTING EACH DAY at the top of this page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home