Thursday, October 25, 2007

Parcheesi


Parcheesi • this painting is sold

Each year our parents would treat us - five kids - to a board game at Christmas. One of my favorites was - and still is - Parcheesi. When my Mother was in Phoebe Ministries, there were two women who, each day, would play game after game of Parcheesi.

Several months ago I received a commission from a gentleman who played Parcheesi with Katherine Hepburn. He claimed that it was her favorite game. I have no doubt.

I've given away several Parcheesi games at Christmastime. Of course they have to be the versions with the taller wooden game pieces (as opposed to the diskettes). And, just recently I saw a dilapidated Parcheesi box on top of a garbage bag in the dumpster .... I carefully removed it and opened the lid to find that all of the pieces were still enclosed in the plastic bag. The game board had never even been opened !!! My lucky day !

So, if you're indecisive about what to give your kids for Christmas - or any occasion for that matter - why not consider bidding on Ebay for a vintage Parcheesi game. You'll have years and years of fun and a lifetime of good memories with your family and friends.

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.

These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

If you have found this entry through a search engine and would like to see the complete Painting Each Day blog, just click on PAINTING EACH DAY at the top of this page

1 Comments:

Blogger Bina Simon said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
cheap skip bins yeerongpilly
skip bin hire indooroopilly

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home