Thursday, September 27, 2007

Pomegranate 3


Pomegranate 3

ok ... well, today was great and totally not great. I took my Dad to the Dr., made us lunch afterwards and we ate in the gazebo in his backyard ... both of those things great ... and then the 'un'great thing happened. I was almost at my destination ... the wonderful ground breaking ceremony for St. Luke's Riverside Hospital ... The traffic was back to back ... we inched forward ... and then the light changed .... so I drove through on the yellow light. Cop car, flashers, officer, ticket. TICKET !!!!! $107.25 !!!

Now, I swear to you ... ask anyone ... all traffic passes me. I never speed. I obey the law. And never ... NEVER did I ever EVER go through a red light. Honest. I'm appealing. I'll probably lose ... but, I'll feel better because I know it was yellow.
Yellow: caution Red: stop.


And, of course, all of the upscale incredible vehicles are passing the officer and me wondering what's up ... and then moments later to see my 1993 well loved vehicle with rusty old wheels and packed with art supplies pulling up and parking along side the best of them ... well, it was a bit of a moment ...

After one glass of wine served in beautiful large crystal stemware I felt better. The setting for the event took place on 200 acres of farmland overlooking the distant mountains .... add a 200' long tent, designer hors d'oeuvres, incredible jazz band, a second glass of wine ... and my custom framed paintings showcased on the stage amid pumpkins and mums ... add a Wonderful group of people and I think ... ok ... I would've paid $107.25 and more for this wonderful and memorable day.

.... but I'm still appealing ....

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.

These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home