Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ornamental Peppers


Ornamental Peppers • this painting is sold

I love peppers. I love the colors, the textures, the leaves of deep green. It's a rarity when I don't add peppers to my dinners. Oh, and they're so pretty in a clay pot as the centerpiece of my table.

Once, while attending the Bowers' Pepper Festival - the largest chile pepper festival in the U.S. - I purchased some ornamental pepper plants ... well, I popped one of the peppers in my mouth while driving home on Rt. I-78 - my eyes started burning, my mouth was on fire and a scorching surge of pain and panic was coursing through my body. Well, it's been a few years .... so, I may just have to try that again.

If you're not attending the Hudson Valley Wine Festival, why not try Bowers' Pepper Festival.

www.pepperfestival.com

It's great ... and you can have an icy cold beer at the Bowers' hotel afterwards.
Good luck getting a table!!!

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.

These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I'm enjoying strolling through your blog (posted earlier7,m .**typos courtesy of MY studio mascot, my cat, Isabelle) and these peppers are great. I want also to offer my condolences about your Mom. There is no relationship like it. Mine's been gone 12 years... it's still sharp.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home