Thursday, August 30, 2007

Farina


Farina • this painting is sold

Well, today is my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of my Painting Each Day project. I'm sorry to say that I didn't quite reach my goal of one painting per day ... but I did manage to paint about 300 of them, along with several graphic design jobs including the poster for the HUDSON VALLEY WINE FESTIVAL and two pretty large paintings for St. Luke's Hospital. So all in all, it was a pretty good year .. painting wise that is.

I'm really happy that I took on this challenge ... and I'm not going to stop at one year. I enjoy painting in my beautiful dining room with the large windows looking south toward the mountain. I love hearing the gurgling of my fountain in the garden. There's a comfort here ... and with the passing of my Mother last month, I'm grateful that I can create my paintings in the solace of my home.

But one day soon, I'll pack my brushes and head back to my studio at the Banana Factory. I'll miss the light - I have no windows in my studio - and I'll miss the convenience of being at home ... but I think soon it might be time ... we'll see ...

Farina ... I never heard of this product before. It's kind of a crazy box ... but a new collector of my paintings sent me this in the mail asking me to paint it. A little more attention to detail and a final glaze and it should be done. Thanks!

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.

These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jens Ole Olsen said...

Ann, congratulations - one year, 300 - amazing - look forward to another year - all my best Jens

3:26 PM  
Blogger Helen Read said...

Congratulations on the 1 year anniversary! I think you've done great...and I'm glad to know you plan to keep at it! I also am finding it very sustaining :-)

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home