Monday, August 20, 2007

Dinner With John


Here is my dining room. I made dinner for my brother John ... cajun catfish, red beans and rice, shrimp cocktail, Greek salad, pumpernickel bread ... and a couple of designer beers ... each.

I really love my apartment. It's been home for almost 22 years.
22 Years!!!! There are several rooms and each one is so beautiful ..
I love the 'bones' of my apartment. From my bathroom with the clawfoot tub, my music room with my circa 1934 baby grand piano, my antiques, my old fashioned kitchen ... my garden.


With my Mother passing away last month, I'm finding that I just long to stay home ... to cook, to watch movies, to garden, to clean, to paint ... to be still ... but very often ... just to cry.
I really miss my Mom.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home