Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Landscape Painting, farmland, eastern PA


Farmland, eastern PA



Today is the first day that I picked up my brushes since my wonderful Mother passed away on July 7th. The paints and brushes felt good in my hand. This scene is my depiction of the beautiful farmland on Rt. 33, east of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.

This painting is not included in my 'Painting Each Day' series. However, I will begin painting my 6" x 6" canvases this week.

Thank you to all of my friends and family who were thinking of us during this very sad time. I appreciate all of your cards, flowers, thoughts and prayers more than you know.

In friendship,

Ann


5 Comments:

Blogger Sharon Henson, Artist said...

Glad to hear you have started painting again. Believe me, time heals all.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Helen Read said...

Ann, I read your blog with sadness about your Mother. It was written with such honor - I felt like I'd almost met her! Glad to see you are painting again. This is a lovely one!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Madison Moore said...

Happy to read that you are painting again. Your mother would be pleased. Sorry for your loss. I'm sure. I see your from NE PA, Bethlehem.....I'm from Mt. Pocono...not too far from you.
This is a lovely painting. Good luck with it.
http://kmadisonmoore.blogspot.com

9:52 AM  
Blogger sandy said...

Oh dear..disregard my comment above about your mom being ill, I didn't realized she had passed away until I read this. My condolences. Losing a mom is so hard for a daughter...I lost mine when she was just 59...

10:19 PM  
Blogger Susan Martin Spar said...

I honor your loss. I've been there too. Keep painting. You're stuff's great. ...another daily painter.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home