Thursday, July 26, 2007

Peas in a Pod


Peas in a Pod • this painting is sold

I always loved the look of peas in a pod. So interesting, great color. And 'fun', too! Nowadays it seems to be a novelty to shuck peas - an 'organic' adventure that I'd practice maybe once in my lifetime ... a hip, very 'Martha' experience. Back to nature. But think of our great grandparents ... when this everyday - or so - activity was just the normal way of life.

I remember shucking corn in the backyard for my Mother. At the time it may have seemed somewhat like a chore ... but now I look back and think how lucky I was to have this everyday - or so - summer activity. To be in the yard, under the old Maple tree ... the fountain gurgling, the squirrels chasing each other, the birds taking care of their nests in the bird houses that my Father built ... shucking corn ... and then to be enjoyed a second time around when the supper bell rang.

If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please email me. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

2 Comments:

Blogger sandy said...

Great little painting. I remember those days too, shelling peas..

10:15 PM  
Blogger PaintingEachDay said...

Thank you Sandy for all of your wonderful comments ... and I do believe that 'shelling' is the more correct term for peas ... as is 'husking' for corn.

Thank you also for your sympathy comments in the passing of my Mother.

She is surely missed ...

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home