Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Chinese Checkers


Chinese Checkers

My Mother sent this vintage game to my brother when he lived in Colorado. We grew up around board games and cards and bean bags and croquet. I can still see my Father walking on stilts in the front yard. He made them in his downstairs workshop. He also made the bean bag boards and my Mother sewed the bags. They were a team.
A great team.

I think we probably grew up in the greatest time. TV was new with only a channel or two, families socialized on porches, men wore hats, women were ladies, Moms were old fashioned. I respect the modern Mother certainly, but, I'm so glad for my 'traditional' upbringing. My Father worked outside the home, my Mother worked inside the home - and they shared all responsibility .. a great balance. Add an apron, great cooking skills, German chocolate cake, devotion to church, our garden and gazebo, her pearl necklace ... and loving and caring for our Family ... and there you have it ... my Mom.

Mom, you would have loved the Memorial service this evening ... your whole family was there ... and I donated the painting I did of the garden while You and Dad were sitting in the gazebo ... we'll find a perfect place for it ... we all miss you so much ...

If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please email me. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

1 Comments:

Blogger Logan said...

Your board game paintings encouraged me to do one of my own. It was of the game "Go," which is my favorite board game ever. Go has several similarities to painting - such as a high level of complexity and thought arising from very simple rules/beginnings. Not to ramble, but you should check it out if you like board games. Thanks for the inspiration!

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home