Thursday, June 28, 2007

Liquin


Liquin

I discovered Liquin many years ago and still use it in my oil paintings. Sometimes I will complete one of these 6" x 6" paintings and only use the Liquin as a finishing glaze. It adds a wonderful sheen without being too glossy. Also, it adds a richness to the deep hues that lose some luster in the drying process.

Liquin is a quick-drying medium for oil and alkyd paint. Used as an additive in many forms of artwork, liquin is produced by several companies and has a number of uses. Notably it is used to speed the drying time in oil painting though it may also be used as a barrier layer to achieve some effects. Painted over the top of etchings, Indian ink drawings and other line art it enables the application of colours by tinting with thin glazes of oil paint.

If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please email me. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jens Ole Olsen said...

Works great, wonderful

12:38 PM  
Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love the smell of this stuff, but once I was using it in a workshop and a friend said, "what's that terrible smell?" about my liquin.
I use it always.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home