Saturday, June 16, 2007

Father's Day • Pretzel


Father's Day • Pretzel

Tomorrow is Father's Day. How do I celebrate decades of love and guidance and support and friendship from my Dad? How do I honor his always being there for me - for his laughter, his honesty,
his sensitivity and his goodness. How do I let him know that his kindness and compassion for my Mother, his wife, means everything to me? And how do simple words like 'Happy Father's Day' convey my deep love for him and my sincerest desires for his health and happiness?

Happy Father's Day Dad. Know how much you mean to me.
With love and gratitude, Ann


Art in the Park

Grandma's Tree

Karen, Diana and Jim

Today was the 33rd Annual 'Art in the Park'. It was a gorgeous day ... blue skies, puffy clouds, cool temperatures and a light breeze ... that is until the usual 'Art in the Park' lightening, thunder and rains poured in around 4:00 p.m.

My Father's Mother - 'Grandma' was a founding member of the 'West Park Civic Association' which hosts the annual 'Art in the Park'. She lived across from the park on Turner St. in a beautiful large five bedroom row home that was built for my great-grandparents in 1911. My Father and his sister, Aunt Betty, were born on the second floor. In later years, Grandma would sit on the porch and sip Old Fashioned cocktails and listen to the band playing in the bandshell ... The Allentown Band ... the oldest organized band in the United States.

Grandma passed away in 1993, but the West Park Civic Association planted a beautiful tree in her honor. The plaque reads:

Mary Hecker Schlegel
A long time neighbor and friend of West Park

If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please email me. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

2 Comments:

Blogger sandy said...

Your father's mother sounds wonderful. I would have enjoyed having a cocktail with her and listening to music.. sandy

1:44 AM  
Blogger PaintingEachDay said...

Me too! What a beautiful home and such a beautiful park to enjoy from just across the street.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home