Thursday, May 31, 2007

Spigot - Old Faithful


Spigot - Old Faithful • this painting is sold

This is my Parent's outside spigot. It was original with their home which was built in 1953. There is a hint of the original red paint on the valve which had a familiar squeak to it when turning the water on. Yesterday, out of necessity, my Father had the spigot replaced. I asked if we could keep the old spigot and after I've completed this painting, maybe we'd place it in the garden, not only as a sculptural piece, but also as a sweet reminder of 54 years of faithful service.

It's funny how you become sentimental about things. Becoming resistant to change. Reminiscing about simpler times. ... and becoming nostalgic about something as common and disposable as an old spigot. Thanks old friend ...

If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please email me. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

1 Comments:

Blogger sandy said...

Loved the story AND the painting. I get sentimental about "stuff" too. Enjoyed reading here and seeing your art...It's a refreshing stop along my way most days...

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home