Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Poppies


Poppies • this painting is sold

Yesterday there were only two blooms on the Poppy bush ... today there are seven. My Mother's Mother had Poppies growing in her small, but pretty yard on Green St. Now, many years later, Poppies from the same seeds are growing in my Parents' garden. They're so delicate that they somehow look surreal. Almost like orange Papier Mache.

The garden is beautiful this year. Lavender and pansies, geraniums and ageratums, pocketbook plants ... and daisies and fuschias ... my Mother's favorites. Cherry tomatoes and big boy tomatoes, peppers and basil, mint and oregano and thyme and rosemary.

Ahhh ... enjoy your garden ... I just wish that my Mom could be home to enjoy it, too.


If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please email me. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Niiiice!

Best!
Mike

11:44 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

Beautiful painting. I love that your grandmother lived on Garden St. That sounds so beautiful.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home